About making a Reservation
- How soon can I move-in after making a reservation?The screening process and other formalities take up some time, but we will do our best to help you move-in on your preferred move-in date!
- How much does it cost to move in?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANInitial fee 50,000 yen (30,000 yen key money and 20,000 yen deposit are included) and the first month's rent and utility fee have to be paid within three business days after the reservation is confirmed. If you would like to rent the bedding set, there is an additional one-time rental fee - 8,000 yen. (Bedding set includes sheet, mattress pad, futon, futon cover, pillow, pillow cover, and blanket.)
*Rent and utility for the first month are calculated on a pro-rated basis from the day you move in.
*If the room you reserved is currently available, your rent starts 2 weeks after you sent us the reservation at the latest. If the room will be available from a certain day, your rent will start 2 weeks after the available day at the latest.
*Restoration Fee 5,000 yen～10,000 yen will be deducted from the deposit, depends on the duration of your stay.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAWe ask for an initial fee of 800,000won total, consisting of 300,000won management fee and 500,000won deposit. This initial fee has to be paid within two days after the reservation was confirmed.
In case you are renting a bedding set from us, there is an additional one-time rental fee of 60,000 won.
Rent and utility of the first month (calculated on a pro-rated basis from the day of your move-in) has to be paid by your move-in day.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANWe ask for an initial fee of 6,500NTD total, consisting of 1,500NTD management fee and 5,000NTD deposit. This initial fee has to be paid within three business days after the reservation was confirmed.
In case you are renting a futon set from us, there is an additional one-time rental fee of 1,500NTD.
Rent and utility of the first month (calculated on a pro-rated basis from the day of your move-in) has to be paid by your move-in day.
- What payment methods do you offer?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANThere are three ways: bank transfer (domestic/oversea transfer), GMO payment (by credit card on the Internet/by cash at a convenience store) or cash at our office in Ichigaya. *Cash payment at a convenience store is only for foreign tenants.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAThere are three payment methods: paying via domestic or international bank transfer, Peer to peer transfer Transferwise (1.5% transfer charge), or in cash at our office in Seoul. If you would like to use your credit card, please pay via Transferwise or other peer to peer transfer system. (We do not accept fees via PayPal)BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANThere are three payment methods: paying via domestic bank transfer, PayPal (online transfer service), or in cash at our office in 西門駅. If you would like to use your credit card, please pay via PayPal.
- What is the minimum contract length? What if my move-out date is not decided yet?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANMinimum staying is one month. We make 1 year contract at first, then you can adjust the term of your contract by giving us 30 days moving out notice or 45 days renewal notice regardless the remaining contract.
So there is no need to have your exact move-out date decided on your move-in day.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAMinimum staying is one month. We make 1 year contract at first, then you can adjust the term of your contract by giving us 30 days moving out notice or 45 days renewal notice regardless the remaining contract.
So there is no need to have your exact move-out date decided on your move-in day.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANMinimum staying is one month. We make 1 year contract at first, you can adjust the term of your contract by giving us 30 days moving out notice or 45 days renewal notice regardless the remaining contract.
So there is no need to have your exact move-out date decided on your move-in day.
- Can I see the room before making a reservation?It is possible to do a room-viewing before moving in. Please send us your room-viewing request from the website of the house of your choice.After reviewing the form, we will talk directly via phone or Skype call before arranging the actual room-viewing.*It is necessary to arrange the room-viewing at least on the day before the viewing, so please apply a few days in advance. If you are in a hurry, please contact us via phone.
- Can I move-in together with my friend or partner?Since we are trying to create a family-like community in each house, unfortunately we do not allow two people moving in together as a couple or married couple, or an individual married person moving into Borderless House.
- Is there an age limit? Can underage persons move-in too?Our goal is to build closely tied communities of tenants in more or less the same age group, and our tenants to be able to communicate and socialize actively. That is why we have an age limit from 18 to 35 years. It is possible to move-in as long as the person is a high-school graduate, or below 35 years old.
- Is there any possibility that I might not be able to move into the house I sent reservation for?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANSince it is a first-comes-first-serve rule, there is a case that we cannot offer you the room of your first preference when we already have received a reservation from another person. The reservation request officially proceeds after the screening process is done for each applicant.
- Is there a screening process? And what does it include?After receiving a reservation, we have a screening process. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose any content or details of the screening. Thank you for your understanding.
- Is it possible to make a corporate contract?Yes. If you would like to make a corporate contract, please let us know after making the reservation.
- At what timing is it possible to make a reservation?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/ BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAYou can apply to any room as long as it is currently available or becomes available soon.
However, according to our system, in case of a currently available room the rent for the room starts from two weeks after the day the reservation was made. In case of a room becoming available soon, the rent starts from two weeks after the day the room becomes available. This is the case even if the actual move-in day is on a later date.
1.When reserving a room that is currently available
If you reserve the room on June 1st, the rent will start from June 15th (two weeks after June 1st), even if your move-in is on a later date.
2.When reserving a room that is scheduled to become available soon
If you make a reservation on June 1st for a room becoming available from July 20th, the rent will start from August 3rd (two weeks after July 20th), even if your move-in is on a later date.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANYou can apply to any room as long as it is currently available or becomes available soon.
The rent starts from the actual move-in day.
- How can I make a reservation? Can I apply from overseas?If you have decided on your room of choice, please apply from the house’s website. Under “Vacancy Information”, there is a “Reservation” button on the right side of each room’s column, which will lead you to the link of the reservation form. After reviewing the form, we will arrange a call via phone or Skype to discuss the details with you directly.
After that, please pay the initial fee and submit a photo of your ID within three business days.Once we have confirmed these, we will enter the screening process (usually 1-3 days), after which the reservation will be finalized.
Up until your move-in day, we can discuss and take care of everything necessary online, so it is not a problem to apply from overseas.
- What happens when I have to cancel?※If you cancel the reservation from the day you receive the confirmation mail to 8 days prior to your move-in day, cancellation fee 30,000 yen will be charged.
※If you cancel the reservation from 7 days to your planned move-in date, the initial fee, rent and utilities for your first payment will not be refunded. Thank you for your understanding.
- Can I change my reservation to another house later on?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANThat's possible. However, once your reservation is confirmed after the confirmation mail, there is 15,000 yen House Change Fee will be charged if you want to change your reservation to a different house.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREA/BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANChanging to a different house after your reservation has been finalised is possible if the other room is available.