About making a Reservation
- How soon can I move-in after making a reservation?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANUpon submitting your application through our website, please note that it may take a minimum of 3 business days to proceed with your reservation. We appreciate your understanding and patience.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANUpon submitting your application through our website, you can typically expect to move in as soon as two business days later. While there might be occasional delays due to the screening process and necessary procedures, please rest assured that we will make every effort to accommodate your desired move-in date.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAUpon submitting your application through our website, please note that it may take one week to proceed with your reservation. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- How much does it cost to move in?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANInitial fee 50,000 yen (30,000 yen key money and 20,000 yen deposit are included) and the first month's rent and utility fee have to be paid within three business days after the reservation is confirmed. If you would like to rent the bedding set, there is an additional one-time rental fee - 9,000 yen. (Bedding set includes sheet, mattress pad, futon, futon cover, pillow, pillow cover, and blanket.)
*Rent and utility for the first month are calculated on a pro-rated basis from the day you move in.
*If the room you reserved is currently available, your rent starts 2 weeks after you sent us the reservation at the latest. If the room will be available from a certain day, your rent will start 2 weeks after the available day at the latest.
*Restoration Fee 5,000 yen～10,000 yen will be deducted from the deposit, depends on the duration of your stay.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAWe ask for an initial fee of 800,000won total, consisting of 300,000won management fee and 500,000won deposit within 3 business days after your reservation is confirmed.
Management fee is non-refundable and this is covering the maintenance of the house and other support we give our tenants. Deposit is refundable so we will give this back to you on your moving out day if there is no problem.
This initial fee has to be paid within three days after the reservation was confirmed. In case you are renting a bedding set from us, there is an additional one-time rental fee of 60,000 won. Rent and utility of the first month (calculated on a pro-rated basis from the day of your move-in) has to be paid by your move-in day.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANThe initial fee totals 6,500 NTD, including a management fee of 1,500 NTD and a deposit of 5,000 NTD. Please complete the payment within one day after receiving the confirmation email of your reservation.
※The rent and utility fees for the first month (calculated from the move-in day until the end of the month) must be paid on the move-in day.
※If the room you reserved is currently available, your rent will begin to be calculated from 14 days after you sent us the reservation at the latest. If the room becomes available on a specific date, your rent will start to be calculated from 14 days after that available date at the latest.
- What payment methods do you offer?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANAccepted payment methods include: bank transfer (domestic transfer) and GMO payment (automatic credit card withdrawal, cash payment at convenience stores).BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAThere are three payment methods: paying via domestic or international bank transfer, Peer to peer transfer Transferwise (1.5% transfer charge), or in cash at our office in Seoul (Hapjeong). If you would like to use your credit card, please pay via Transferwise or other peer to peer transfer system. (We do not accept fees via PayPal.)BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANTWe offered three different payment methods that you can choose: paying via domestic bank transfer, INSTO (online credit card system), or in cash at our office in Ximen station. *If you would like to pay with your credit card, please contact our staff to get your INSTO payment link.
*Please note that the transaction fees have to be covered by the customer.
- What is the minimum contract length? What if my move-out date is not decided yet?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANThe minimum stay duration is one month, with an initial contract typically spanning approximately 11 months. You have the flexibility to tailor the contract length to your needs during this period. Should you wish to move out, we kindly request a 30-day advance notice, which can be submitted via the move-out request form on our website. If you're considering renewal, we ask for a 60-day notice before the contract's expiration date. Therefore, you need not finalize your precise move-out date on the day of your move-in.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAMinimum staying required is one month. Except for the one month's contract, the contract period will be for 1 year. However, you can move out by giving us 30 days moving out notice regardless of the remaining. For renewal of the contract, you can renewal by giving us the notice by 45 days before the contract terminate day.
So there is no need to have your exact move-out date decided on your move-in day.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANThe minimum rental period is one month. Typically, contracts are signed for one year. You have the flexibility to tailor the contract length to your needs during this period. If you plan to move out, please make sure to submit a move-out form through the official website at least 30 days in advance. Therefore, you do not need to decide on your move-out date in advance. Of course, If you have already determined your date, you can submit a move-out form to us in advance.
- Can I see the room before making a reservation?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANIt is possible to do a room-viewing before moving in. Please send us your room-viewing request from the website of the house of your choice.After reviewing the form, we will talk directly via phone or Skype call before arranging the actual room-viewing.*It is necessary to arrange the room-viewing at least on the day before the viewing, so please apply a few days in advance. If you are in a hurry, please contact us via phone.It is possible to do a room-viewing before moving in. Please send us your room-viewing request from the website of the house of your choice.After reviewing the form, we will talk directly via phone or Skype call before arranging the actual room-viewing.*It is necessary to arrange the room-viewing at least on the day before the viewing, so please apply a few days in advance. If you are in a hurry, please contact us via phone.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANhelp.helpReservation5ATw
- Can I move-in together with my friend or partner?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPANSince we are trying to create a family-like community in each house, unfortunately we do not allow two people moving in together as a couple or married couple. You can move in the same house together with your friend, but staying in the same room is not allowed. *Depending on the number of friend(s) you want to move in with, you may be asked to move in to different houses.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREA/BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANSince we are trying to create a family-like community in each house, unfortunately we do not allow two people moving in together as a couple or married couple. You can move in the same house together with your friend, but staying in the same room is not allowed.
- Is there an age limit? Can underage persons move-in too?In order to create a living environment where tenants of similar age groups can interact closely and actively, BORDERLESS HOUSE has the following age restrictions.
Japan: 18 to 39 years old
Korea and Taiwan: 18 to 35 years old
- Is there any possibility that I might not be able to move into the house I sent reservation for?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREASince it is a first-comes-first-serve rule, there is a case that we cannot offer you the room of your first preference when we already have received a reservation from another person. The reservation request officially proceeds after the screening process is done for each applicant.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANFor the purpose of giving our customers equal opportunities to reserve the room, our reservation system is first come first served. If there is someone sends us the reservation form before you, we will put you on the Waiting List or recommend other houses to you.
- Is there a screening process? And what does it include?After receiving a reservation, we have a screening process. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose any content or details of the screening. Thank you for your understanding.
- Is it possible to make a corporate contract?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAYes. If you would like to make a corporate contract, please let us know after making the reservation.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANNo. We don't offer the corporation contract. But if you need a tax ID number on the receipt, please inform our staff first.
- At what timing is it possible to make a reservation?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/ BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAYou can apply to any room as long as it is currently available or becomes available soon.
However, according to our system, in case of a currently available room the rent for the room starts from two weeks after the day the reservation was made. In case of a room becoming available soon, the rent starts from two weeks after the day the room becomes available. This is the case even if the actual move-in day is on a later date.
1.When reserving a room that is currently available
If you reserve the room on June 1st, the rent will start from June 15th (two weeks after June 1st), even if your move-in is on a later date.
2.When reserving a room that is scheduled to become available soon
If you make a reservation on June 1st for a room becoming available from July 20th, the rent will start from August 3rd (two weeks after July 20th), even if your move-in is on a later date.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANYou can apply to any room as long as it is currently available or becomes available soon.
The rent starts from the actual move-in day.
- How can I make a reservation? Can I apply from overseas?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAGo to each house page, you can see the 'Reservation' button on the right side under the 'Room' information. Click on it and send us the official reservation form. After receiving your application, we will arrange the phone/Skype call with you to confirm the details of your reservation. Please pay the initial fees and first-month rent and utilities, ans upload your ID photo within 3 days after the call. Your reservation will be completed after the above processes.
After that, please pay the initial fee and submit a photo of your ID within three business days.Once we have confirmed these, we will enter the screening process (usually 1-3 days), after which the reservation will be finalized.
Up until your move-in day, we can discuss and take care of everything necessary online, so it is not a problem to apply from overseas.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANIf you have decided on your room of choice, please apply from the house’s website. Under 'Vacancy Information', there is a 'Reservation' button on the right side of each room’s column, which will lead you to the link of the reservation form. After reviewing the form, we will arrange a call via phone or Skype to discuss the details with you directly.
- What happens when I have to cancel?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN※If you cancel the reservation from the day you receive the confirmation mail to 8 days prior to your move-in day, cancellation fee 30,000 yen will be charged.
※If you cancel the reservation from 7 days to your planned move-in date, the initial fee, rent and utilities for your first payment will not be refunded. Thank you for your understanding.
※The cancellation policy is set separately when a campaign applied.BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREA※If you cancel the reservation from the day you receive the confirmation mail to 8 days prior to your move-in day, cancellation fee 300,000 won will be charged.
※If you cancel the reservation from 7 days to your planned move-in date, the initial fee, rent and utilities for your first payment will not be refunded. Thank you for your understanding.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANThe initial fee will not be refunded if you cancel your reservation.
- Can I change my reservation to another house later on?BORDERLESS HOUSE JAPAN/BORDERLESS HOUSE KOREAThat's possible. However, once your reservation is confirmed after the confirmation mail, there is 15,000 yen House Change Fee will be charged if you want to change your reservation to a different house.BORDERLESS HOUSE TAIWANThat's possible. However, once your reservation is confirmed after the confirmation mail, there is 1,500 NTD House Changing Fee will be charged if you want to change your reservation to a different house.