Responding to the government's "Basic Policy on Coronavirus Disease Control" announced on February 25th for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), Borderless House is taking the following measures considering the safety and health of our Tenants, partner companies, staffs, and their families.
Future acceptance of foreign Tenants
We have our own response in accordance with the policy announced by the government. Depending on different situations, we may make revisions if needed.
1. Please arrange self-quarantine upon arrival in Japan for 14 days on your own, we request that you arrange separate accommodations such as a hotel for this time period. （※1）We will not charge you any fees or rent during your quarantine time period.
2. As a general rule, we will require that all new residents measure their body temperature both on the day before moving in, as well as on the day of the move-in. In the unlikely chance that you have a body temperature of 37.5 C/ 99.5 F or above, we will need to postpone your move-in date.
3. New residents must sign the "Consent Form for Infectious Disease Control and Prevention" at the time of signing the contract.
4. Borderless House offers free-of-charge 14-day quarantine accommodation and airport pick-up service for our tenants entering the country from abroad.
→Click here to check more details about our Quarantine Support Service.
※1. Even if your health condition is good, you will be asked to isolate for 14-days from the day of entering Japan at the place designated by the quarantine director (such as home), and not to use public transportation, including transportation from airports transportation (railways, buses, taxis, aircraft (domestic flights), passenger ships, etc.) Please arrange a private transportation method, such as renting a car on your own.
Response to each share house and Tenants
1. We ask current residents to sign the "Consent Form for Infectious Disease Control and Prevention" individually.
2. We send alerts in email and SNS from time to time.
3. We ask current residents to continue to refrain from going out for unnecessary and urgent events, especially to places with high density.
4. For the time being, we ask residents to refrain from inviting non-residents to the share houses.
5. We ask current residents to refrain from gathering in shared spaces (living rooms, etc.) and holding events.
6. We ask current residents to wear a mask in all common spaces except in their own rooms.
7. We ask current residents to keep sufficient ventilation in all common spaces, including their own rooms.
8. We ask current residents to thoroughly wash their hands with soap or alcohol disinfectant for at least 20 seconds.
9. Distribute alcohol disinfecting sprays in all houses.
Response to High-risk contact person & infected persons with COVID-19
This is a policy in which the safety of residents is given first priority. We appreciate your kind cooperation and thank you for your understanding in this matter.
1. Please contact Borderless House when you are designated as a high-risk contact person by the public health center or workplace, and when you are suspected of being infected, or when you have various symptoms of COVID-19.
2. If you are designated as a high-risk contact person by the public health center or at your workplace, or if you suspect that you are infected, or if you experience various symptoms of COVID-19, please promptly move out from the share house (voluntary quarantine outside the sharehouse). (*1)
3. We will not charge any fees or rent during the temporary move-out period (voluntary quarantine outside the sharehouse). (We will not charge you the rent for a maximum of up to 14 days, which will be deducted from your next payment) *Not covered by subsidies from the country.
4. If we are unable to respond to the request for temporary move-out. (voluntary quarantine outside the share house), we may ask you to forcibly move out.
5. If the above rules are not followed by you, and a secondarily infected person is confirmed in the house, it is necessary to disinfect the house and ask the infected resident temporarily to move out from the house. You will be required to pay the fees of sterilization for disinfecting the house and other related costs."
※1. Please do not use public transportation (railways, buses, taxis, aircraft (domestic flights), passenger ships, etc.) to your quarantine place (such as your home). Please arrange a private transportation method, such as renting a car on your own.
In the event of high-risk contact person & infected persons with COVID-19 being identified in the share house
This is a response when the Tenant’s housemate is a high-risk contact person / an infected person, instead of a Tenant himself as a high-risk contact person / an infected person. Due to the rapid increase in the number of infected people in Japan, there have been cases where government agencies such as public health centers request them to have “self-quarantine or isolation at home (at the share house)" even if they are high-risk contact persons / infected persons. In response to this, Borderless House summarizes the response to people who are not infected/high-risk contact persons in the share house below.
1. Please contact Borderless House immediately when you are designated as a high-risk contact person or infected person by the public health center or workplace, and when you are suspected of being infected, or when you have various symptoms of COVID-19.
2. In the event that a high-risk contact person or infected person is identified in the share house and the person is required by the public health department or a government agency to be quarantined in the house, the rent will not be charged for the period of time for those who are not high-risk contact person / infected person in the same share house when they voluntarily move out. (From the next month's rent for up to 14 days is waived)
3. We will not pay the difference between the rent (pro-rata rent) exempted according to 2. and the price of the accommodation you have arranged for moving out temporarily from the share house. (Maximum amount of exemption during the period covered)
4. In the event that a high-risk contact person or an infected person is identified in the share house and the person is requested by the public health department or a government agency to quarantine himself/herself in the share house, our partner company will be able to provide accommodation for those who are not high-risk contact person / infected person in the share house when they voluntarily move out, but it's not guaranteed that there’s an accommodation for sure.
5. If you prefer to look for accommodation instead of using the accommodation of the above-mentioned 4, please make your own arrangements.
6. We will not cover the transportation expenses to the voluntary evacuation accommodation.
7. If a high-risk contact person or an infected person is identified in the share house, please try to avoid having contact with them by separating the use of common areas (toilets, showers, etc.) whenever possible.
Changes in business operations
In order to minimize the number of visitors to the houses, we are taking the following measures. We appreciate your kind understanding and give us your kind cooperation.
※Regarding the Kansai region (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), some responses will differ depending on the infection status.
〇 About attendance of staff
1. All staff members and part-time employees are currently working from home.
〇 Regarding events hosted by our company
1. For the time being, we are refraining from all events that involve actual contact. We will notify you on the website when the events will be held again in the future.
〇 Regarding signing the contract, move-in and renewing the contract
1. On your move-in day, please visit our office for signing the contract. If you need to renew the contract, please come to our office for the contract renewal procedure as well.
※Kansai region: Our staff will meet you at the share house to sign a contract with you.
2. In some cases, we may be able to send you contractual documents in advance and provide you with information by a phone call or other means.
3. As a general rule, we will require that all new residents measure their body temperature both on the day before moving in, as well as on the day of the move-in. In the unlikely chance that you have a body temperature of 37.5 C/ 99.5 F or above, we will need to postpone your move-in date.
〇 Regarding room-viewing
1. All room-viewing can only be done online. (ZOOM, Skype, etc.)
〇 Regarding move-out procedures
1. Move-out procedures will be conducted by Tenants themselves, however, our staff will check the status of the room with Tenants, including its cleanliness and facilities, by video chat (with both audio and video call) at the appointed time. (Online move-out inspection)
※Kansai region: Please move out in the presence of our staff. At a later date, our staff will check the cleanliness of the room and the condition of the equipment.
In the future, we will continue to promptly determine and implement a response policy based on the government policy and action plan, placing the highest priority on ensuring the safety and health of residents, partner companies, our staff, and their families.
In addition, we will carry out customer correspondence such as moving in and out procedures and with our partner companies. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via the contact form below.
※Regarding the management and operation policies of BODERLESS HOUSE due to the COVID-19, please read this blog written by the president of BORDERLESS HOUSE, Seiichi Lee
For Tomorrow's Bright Future with a New Year 2021 ~What BORDERLESS HOUSE can do~＞＞＞